Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use GeoQlik offline

Hi,

I am a new to QlikView and I am doing some research on map extensions which work without access to public internet. I have red that GeoQlik provides an on-premise solution. How does the on-premise solution work? Am I able to use GeoQlik offline?

Thank in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sofia,

GeoQlik indeed does not require an Internet connection.

GeoQlik is a server side solution, requiring you to install a piece of software on a server in your network (typically, the server hosting QlikView, but not necessarily). This component renders the map, which is sent back to the user displaying the QlikView document.

An Internet connection is necessary only in case you wish to display a background map (i.e. OpenStreetMap) coming from a 3rd party source, or if you require address geocoding.

Other than these two specific use-cases, no Internet connection is required.

I hope this answers your question.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions:

contact@geoqlik.com

Best regards,

Ariel Maor

GeoQlik

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sofia,

GeoQlik indeed does not require an Internet connection.

GeoQlik is a server side solution, requiring you to install a piece of software on a server in your network (typically, the server hosting QlikView, but not necessarily). This component renders the map, which is sent back to the user displaying the QlikView document.

An Internet connection is necessary only in case you wish to display a background map (i.e. OpenStreetMap) coming from a 3rd party source, or if you require address geocoding.

Other than these two specific use-cases, no Internet connection is required.

I hope this answers your question.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions:

contact@geoqlik.com

Best regards,

Ariel Maor

GeoQlik