Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use Macbook Qlik to access via browser ...

Post translated by Google Translate.

Please post questions in English unless you are posting in a language specific section.

---

Hello guys,

I'm new in the use of Qlik and have difficulty accessing the Qlik tool with a Macbook.

I tried with Safari and Chrome, but it was not possible.

Can someone help me?

I already appreciate the attention and I look forward to a brief return.

Nelson Covolo

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you elaborate further on the difficulties you have accessing the accesspoint and opening documents?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Swuehl,

First of all, Thank's for your help.

Recently we acquired Qlik Sense server.

After preparing the first data analysis, it not is possible to access the site via web browser on the Macbook (MacOS).

The site asks for authentication, the user name and password is informed, but I have the following return messages.

First message:

An error occured

Connection lost. Make sure que Qlik Sense is running properly. If your session has timed out due to inactivity refresh to keep working.

Second message:

Access to the App is denied. NoAvailibleAcessType (OnLicenseAcessDenied)

I tried to access using Safari and Google Chrome on the Macbook, but it did not work with any of the browsers.

Using Windows OS I can normally access.

My goal is only to access and view web browser data analysis using Macbook (MacOS) that were built in my Qlik Sense.

What should I do on the server so you can access using the MacOS?

I found on the Internet some posts talking about QlikView Access Point that enables access by any browser or OS.

Can you help me solve this case, directing what should I do?

Any step-by-step guide you can send me to solve this issue?

I thank your help and I look forward to a brief return.

Regards,

Nelson Covolo

nelson.covolo@umoe.com.br

+55 (18) 99612-0298

MDH
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I still have this issue. Did you manage to solve this?

david_hg96
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi! I have the same issue, could you solve that?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should be able to access QlikView Server/AccessPoint just fine using  the Safari browser or Chrome for Mac via the QlikView Ajax client.  There is no Mac specific client, you would need to choose the Ajax client in the AccessPoint in order for things to work properly in this use case.  Depending upon how you have the QlikView Web Server resource configured, if the Mac is not sending user credentials, the web server should send back the auth request which would result in a windows auth dialog on the Mac side.  If you are using a third party SSO system, that could pose other requirements etc. as well.  Best I have for information provided.

Try hitting the Demo site with your Mac and see if you can open anything there, if you can, then the issue is something in the environment preventing things.

https://demos.qlik.com/qlikview

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.