Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArjanW
Contributor
Contributor

Use an value from a second table in an Expression which correspond with an calculated count-value

I have two tables available. From one table I do some statistics like Number of result(n), Average and Standard Deviation.
Now I should calculate an value using the Average, Standard deviation and an K-value form which the value depends on how big the number of results (n) are. So the second table contains each possible n value and its corresponding K-value. 

How can I generate an expression which will search for the right k-value for each row in my table which has an different n value?

3 Replies
RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

Just to clarify. Tables you are writing about are already in your data model inside Qlik or in your source data?

In order to associate tables in Qlik, there must be at least one common field / identifier in both tables and it must have the same label (header).

If you have your output form some statistical engine, like for example R, than it can be that you'll have to add a rowID to both tables, that is if they have the same cardinality (same number of rows in both tables).

But anyway, for more specific answer you would have to provide more details.

Radovan

ArjanW
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Radoresky, Thank you for your answer!

Yes both tables are inside my data model.

See attached image for (i hope) an more detailed stuation overview.

RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

And are these two tables associated in Qlik data model?

Because that is necessary, if you want to make a calculation with one field by a dimension from a different table.

If not and if the records align exactly as is shown on the picture, than I suggest you use RecNo() function when you load the second table and give it an alias "nk".

Table2: load *, recno() as nk from...

Hope this helps.

Radovan