Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use column headers from data file

When I try to create a qlikview document using the wizard, the option "Use column headers from data file" is dimmed, why is this happen?

I managed to resolve the problem by using the script editor instead if the Wizard. Thanks for all your responses.

8 Replies
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello.

Do you have data in your Excel spreadsheet?  If the spreadsheet is empty, the option will be dimmed.

John.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes I do have data in the spreadsheet. I have column titles and data in the spreadsheet. I also have formulas in the spreadsheet for some columns, is this causing the problem?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes I do have data in the spreadsheet. I have column titles and data in the spreadsheet. I also have formulas in the spreadsheet for some columns, is this causing the problem?

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi.

I created a simple spreadsheet with formulas and was able to load it okay with the Column Headers option.  Can you attach the spreadsheet?

John.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I managed to get round the problem by copying the data from the spreadsheet into a new workbook. Seems to work now, but not sure what the problem was.

Not applicable
Author

More problems.Now I get the message "Execution of script failed. Reload Data?" when Qlikview tries to load the spreadsheet. When I click "Yes" Qlikview just crashes on me. Can you please help - thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your error can mean anything.

It just says the script failed.

Without the script and an example of your excel file it will be hard to help you.

Can you share them with us?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone for your help and comments. I managed to resolve my teething issues and I am up and running with my Qlikview Dashboards.

Kind Regards