Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Use of SET ANALYSIS

Dear all,

I tried to apply the use of the set Analysis with "CLUSTERS" of data.

In specific, I attempted to make the union  of two Clusters (1+2) and the difference (1-2)

I enclose an easy example that do not work propery

More in details, we have 4 items in the first cluster (Giacomo, Gianni, Giovanni, Leopardi) and 3 items in the second (Giacomo, Leopardi, Leopoldo)

Only two of them are in common. The first cluster has 2 elements not included in the second and the second cluster has 1 element not included in the first

The attemps is to create:

1) The INTERSECTION of the 2 clusters, using the operator "*". The example works and the result is 2 items (Giacomo, Leopardi).

The formula I used is:

sum( {<Nome=>*<FileDUE.Nome=>} FileDUE.StipendioDUE + StipendioUNO)

2)  The UNION of the 2 clusters, using the operator "+". The result should be a list of 5 items (Giacomo, Gianni, Giovanni, Leopardi,  Leopoldo), but it DOES NOT WORK

The formula I used is:

sum( {<Nome=>+<FileDUE.Nome=>} FileDUE.StipendioDUE) + sum( {<Nome=>+<FileDUE.Nome=>} StipendioUNO)

3)  The DIFFERENCE of the 2 clusters, using the operator "-" (Cluster 1 - Cluster 2). The result should be a list of  all the elements included in the first cluster that are not in common: 2 items (Gianni & Giovanni).. , but it DOES NOT WORK

The formula I used is:

sum({<Nome= {}> - <FileDUE.Nome = {}>} StipendioUNO)

Could someone help me to sort out this issue?

Thanks

Alberto

Tags (1)
1 Reply
whiteline
Honored Contributor II

Re: Use of SET ANALYSIS

Hi.

I guess, everything's working as it supposed to be.

You have different tables and different dimensions, while the described behaviour suspects a shared dimension.

Community Browser