Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use of variables in macros

I have added a variable called "AverageOfCountry" using "Variable Overview>Add" from Layout. I defined the variable using an expression. How can I evaluate the expression linked to the variable and use it in a macro? I have to use it in a macro because I need the said variable's value on every sheet of the excel document I'm exporting to.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

ActiveDocument.GetVariable("AverageOfCountry").getContent.string

and make sure ur variable begins with "=" when created

View solution in original post

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe with something like:

v = ActiveDocument.Variables("AverageOfCountry").GetContent.String

- Marcus

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

this will retrieve your variable value

ActiveDocument.GetVariable("AverageOfCountry").GetContent.String

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well it pastes me the expression string in the Excel table, not the value I would get by evaluating the expression. How do I get the variable expression to evaluate?

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

so set the variable with "=" in front of the expression that the value is calculated.

Regards

OmarBenSalem

ActiveDocument.GetVariable("AverageOfCountry").getContent.string

and make sure ur variable begins with "=" when created

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Use "=" at beginning of your variable

marcus_sommer

Another way might be to use evaluate() for the variable or maybe the expression itself - maybe like this: Re: How to export formula with Set analysis using macro

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

that's it. Thank you!

dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III

Dear all, 

i have a similar requirement, am using a macro to export my tables into txt format and want to keep prefix as current date to that generated txt files 

i used below F:\Document\$(vDate)_wang.txt  --- and it is getting named as it it, it is not picking the current date, Please help me. Thanks much