Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Boolean Identifiers

In a current table there is a field called [ReferencesQuestion] which is an integer field and can contain binary sequential values between 1 and 4096, there are other data associated with it.  I have another table with a set of categories (A-P) which defines which questions are relevant to which categories but it does this through binary comparison also using integers.  (e.g.  Questions 1 and 4 are relevant to Category A, Questions 1,4 and 32 are relevant to Category B). QC.jpg

In SQL I can write a boolean query which Selects records if  [ReferencesQuestion] & [CategoryInteger] = [ReferencesQuestion].  How do I do this in Qlikview?

Example Tables...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm not quite following the mapping you gave in your example. But QV does have a number of bit operators as well as a bitcount() function. See "Bit Operators" in the Help.

"bitand" is the equivalent operator to SQL &. So something like:

[ReferencesQuestion]  bitand  [CategoryInteger]

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm not quite following the mapping you gave in your example. But QV does have a number of bit operators as well as a bitcount() function. See "Bit Operators" in the Help.

"bitand" is the equivalent operator to SQL &. So something like:

[ReferencesQuestion]  bitand  [CategoryInteger]

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Thanks!  bitand is exactly what I was looking for, I've implemented it in the code and it's perfect.  I only get the list of questions relevant to a Category.

[ReferencesQuestion] bitand [CategoryInteger] = [CategoryInteger]

KP

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Kevin,

Please can you close this thread and mark Rob's post as correct answer. It will help other community users.

Thanks,

DV

www.QlikShare.com