Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AyCe1082
Creator
Creator

Using cmd.exe in load script where the filepath includes a space

Hi all, I need to modify a working cmd to specify a folder for a test I am running but the folder has a space so the text file isn't being populated. The actual name of the folder cannot be changed.

The lines are

set vFile = "Test Folder A 2019-2020";

EXECUTE cmd.exe /c dir /s D:\QlikView\LIVE\REPORTS\Reports\Match_Report\$(vFile) > D:\QlikView\LIVE\REPORTS\Reports\Match_Report\filelist_ORA1.txt;

But I also tried without the variable and just had that folder name in its place.

I read on stackexchange that adding " " for the folder with the space should work but it doesn't work in QV (that's why I tried to use the variable as well but that doesn't render the quotes in the actual execute line). Does anyone have an idea how I can format this properly? The original line that is currently used is what is above but it ends at Match_Report\.

Labels (1)
  • CMD

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, have you tried?:

EXECUTE cmd.exe /c dir /s "D:\QlikView\LIVE\REPORTS\Reports\Match_Report\Test Folder A 2019-2020" > "D:\QlikView\LIVE\REPORTS\Reports\Match_Report\filelist_ORA1.txt";

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, have you tried?:

EXECUTE cmd.exe /c dir /s "D:\QlikView\LIVE\REPORTS\Reports\Match_Report\Test Folder A 2019-2020" > "D:\QlikView\LIVE\REPORTS\Reports\Match_Report\filelist_ORA1.txt";

AyCe1082
Creator
Creator
Author

That worked perfectly thank you.