Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desertmatt
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using dual in calculated pivot dimension I cannot collapse the following dimensions

Dear All,

Am using the dual formula in 2 calculated pivot dimensions (cannot get these column to sort properly otherwise - even with proper expression). With this sorting works fine but the labels of the other dimensions cannot be collapsed (keeps the columns for these dimensions always visible )

Am using v. 12.40.20100.0 - is there a solution for this or is this a bug?

Thank you so much for your feedback and help.

regards

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
desertmatt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Ruben,

I solved this one by putting the expression (Dual...) in the load script.

As per this https://support.qlik.com/articles/000062439 it seems to be by design and we have to deal with this - till the Qlikview team shows mercy and corrects this 😉

Thank you very much for your time looking into this.

regards

Matt

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Matt, al least in 12.30 I have two calculated dimensions that can expand/contract. Can you upload a sample that doesnt works in your version to check in this one?

Well, I attach one to do the opposite..

Captura.JPG

desertmatt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Rubin

Thank you for your answer.

Can you please add one more non-calculated dimension and let me know whether this collapses too?

My  first 2 calculated dimensions collapse without problem too but the following non-calculated dimension columns don't collapse just the content is cleared -but full column width and labels are preserved (please see below) 😞

I feel the Qlikview Pivot is real buggy - first the dimension sorting by expression creates erratic results - and now I found the dual sorting solution this keeps the columns open 😞

Calculated columnsPivot.jpg

Digging further around I found this Support entry which says this is now by design and gives a VERY useless "workaround" (sorry - but the point of pivots is to maintain a hierarchical order - so no point rearranging the columns...really...) https://support.qlik.com/articles/000062439

So I'm urgently looking for some real solution - anything in JSON scripting maybe (collapse dimensions) - but really don't  know anything about these scripting methods and where to begin?

I cannot understand how the otherwise highly respected Qliview team could not look into pivots more and make sorting and collapsing 100% working as needed - pivots  are such important daily tools - please!

Kind regards

Matt

rubenmarin

Hi Matt, I added another non calculated dimension and contract/expand still seems to work, maybe has something to do with the expression and/or the sort expression and/or data model.

Can you make a dumb sample with inline data to test? if it still happens in tahat sample please upload it to take a look.

Regards.

desertmatt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Ruben,

I solved this one by putting the expression (Dual...) in the load script.

As per this https://support.qlik.com/articles/000062439 it seems to be by design and we have to deal with this - till the Qlikview team shows mercy and corrects this 😉

Thank you very much for your time looking into this.

regards

Matt