cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using expressions in Graphs

Hi,

I am new to QlikView and having one issue while designing graphs. The issue is

I had a graph objects which display the sales data for the selected year and year - 1. The expresssions are as below.

Sum

({$<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>} [sales]) and Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} [sales])

This works absolutely fine. Now I have added one expression to this. Here the ReportOn field is from an inline table which has no relation to the sales table.

if

if(ReportOn='Ledger',Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} [Ledger sales]),Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} [sales]))

This works only when I have not selected any date related filters in my report. If I select a date related filter (say 2009), only the first one works and second one doesn't refresh data. It always gives the [sales] column value.

Is there anything that I am missing in my expressions?

Regards,

Murali

(ReportOn='Ledger',Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>} [Ledger sales]),Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>} [sales]))

11 Replies
shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Murali,

I know this is not an absolute solution but i found this is working as u were asking... Big Smile

Shumail

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shumail,

I am afraid, this is also not working.

When you select 2008 and 'Non Ledger', the Year-1 value is showing as 2000 but it should show 1800. This is same in table as well as graph.

Any advise?

Regards,

Murali