Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

Using filtered value across different dimensions

Good Morning-

I am new to Qlikview and would like to know how to get the following scenario to work.

Basically when I select the Airport I am really selecting the "Destination Airport". I want to be able to use this value and get the destination airports that this Airport id the Origin Airport as well.

MockUp.PNG

The above data is a mock up, so the field names might not might ot make sense.

This is a simple model of the data

Route.PNG

I tried a few things and I can get the value I want to use as a filter from this: Subfield(GetCurrentSelections([DestAirport]),':',2)

I am just haveing a hard time understanding how I can get that value as a filter on my second table (Flights from OHR).

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Message was edited by: Randi Borys Mispell

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried having 2 independent List boxes ?

• One for DestAiport
  • The other for OriginAirport
datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

By this do you mean somehow hiding the second one?

That might work. I didn't think of this.

The requirement is pretty much as I outlined above, so I need to end up with one list box visible to the user.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is not what I meant, I suspect I misunderstand what you are trying to achieve.

Do you have a single table and within that do you want to be able to select rows where :

Either    

DestAiport          = selected airport

or

OriginAirport       = same select airport

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That is an option, but the formatting to the requirement is probably going to be harder.

OneTable.PNG

So yes, I have a single Fact Table. The value that I am filtering on is the actually ID in the fact table, DestAirportID.

I also want to see, in a separate table if possible all of the routes where this DestAirportID is the OriginAirportID.

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It looks like the solution might have something to do with using alternate states, adding a variable and possibly an action.

One of my coworkers mentioned he saw a demo which had a self refrencing hierarchy that had a similar requirement. In that situation there were two tables. One returned the employee attributes and the second returned employee attributes for anyone who that employee managed.

Maybe that will help in telling me where to look.

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Okay, I found the answer in some suggestions in this post.

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2340