Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using one field for calculation but displaying values using other values in the chart!

Hi All

I want to use userid in the dimensions for calculation as it will be unique. But while displaying in the chart I would like to display the username(Just for displaying purpose) instead of userid as it readable for the user.

May I know how to achieve this? Please help me out!

Thanks

Attitude

7 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Why dont you use only UserName in dimension.

As Every User will have unique id.

So you dont need to have ID for calculation.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik

Thanks for your support! UserName is not unique here. Only userid is unique! Thats the reason I am not using the UserName in the dimension.

Regards

Attitude

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Ok let me tell you a trick.

Create a straight table.

Give dimension ad ID, UserName.

Then what ever expression you want.

Go to properties -> Presentation -> Click on the Dimension and Click on Hide Column.

This way you will get the proper calculation based on ID, but you will not see ID in chart.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik

Yes it was a good trick. But I am using the bar chart where we cant hide the column. Also User Name is in different column so It is not displaying any value when I checked with the straight table.

Thanks

Attitude

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Ok can you upload the qvw file.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Your Question is very generic. Could you eallobrate your question, if possible upload sample application.

I have created a sample application with Aggr() function and Dual() to make this work. not sure you really looking for this one.

Check the attached application.

-Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sridhar

Thanks for your support!

I didn't try DUAL yet but I tried aggr. After trying aggr without changing anything in the dimension it gives the same result as before it is working. But as soon as I pass the username instead of the userid it is not displaying any data. Please give me some time I will attach the application later on.

Yet to check your application as well. Will check and let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Attitude