Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
thomasreynaert
New Contributor III

Re: Using slider to set a variable

Well if I would leave the formula like it is, the result won't change based on selection.

With min/max({$} date_YYYYMM), the result will change. However still always as integer

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

If I look again on your slider I'm not sure if a date is really suitable to create a slider with 12 month between min and max. Months and even years are not homogenous over a longer period and therefore the selected range might not always fit exactly. I could imagine that a period-field is more suitable.

- Marcus

thomasreynaert
New Contributor III

I'm not sure if I understand correctly. The fields that I use are link_date_YYYYMM, I don't see how any other date field could change the problem. For example I could use link_date with all the dates, but that will give the same range except that I need the user to select by month. 

thomasreynaert
New Contributor III

I found a solution to my 2nd problem.

Apparently setting static step to '2' instead of '1' seems to avoid decimals appearing. I believe setting it to 1 would also do the job.

My 1st problem remains, in fact QV gives me a lower granularity than I need. I just need 36 monts (2015-2017) instead of 1096 days.

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

This is what I mentioned above that a daily level won't be homogenous enough to select a period of 12 months over several years. But you could use a period-field for it mayve created within the master-calendar with something like this:

(year(Date) - 2000) * 100 + month(Date)

or

dual(date(Date, 'YYMM'), autonumber(year(Date) & '|' & month(Date)))

- Marcus