Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using text box value in an expression in another text box

Hello.

I am trying to write an if statement in a text box using a value from another text box. Is this possible, and if so, how can I do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you show an example of what exactly you are doing? Where you having issue? You can just use the same expr in your other textbox using IF(yourexprfromother textobject, ...., ....) somthing like this.

However, why don't you use variable to store this first textobject expr and use this variable in your 2nd textobject.

Can you also provide your exact requirement please?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you show an example of what exactly you are doing? Where you having issue? You can just use the same expr in your other textbox using IF(yourexprfromother textobject, ...., ....) somthing like this.

However, why don't you use variable to store this first textobject expr and use this variable in your 2nd textobject.

Can you also provide your exact requirement please?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can create your Variable base on that you can calculate in second object. For example,

You have variable called Variable1 = Sum(Sales)

And second object you call it as If($(Variable1)>100, 'More than 100', 'Else')

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you could easily reference it with variables than directly accessing text values from another textbox