Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manoranjan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Using variables in the URL expressions (something with the equal ("=") signs in the variables.

I am trying to create a Straight table with URL links. URL is loaded from Excel sheet, represented by a field in a table. Trick here is the URL's will have input parameters (query string) and I am handling this as part of the Expressions. Replacing the input param indicators (param1 = $p1$, param2 = $p2$) in the URL string with the actual values from the Selections made by user.

This works fine when I select any one of the rows in ths straight table. But when i directly click on the link, the input parameters are not gettig rendered inside the URL. Please find attached the sample application to replicate this problem.

I removed the "=" signs in the variables, it works fine, except the Selections are not coming into the URL

P,S: do not get carried away by the "Left" / "Mid" / "Index" functions I have used. It is tested and no issues with that.

Please help

2 Replies
manoranjan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

In my Table the URL is given as

www.xe.com?Curr=$p1$&Country=$p2$

Note the $p1$ in the string will be replaced by the Selected values in the Application. Which one of the Selected fields to use, is also given as part of the input Excel feed.

Everything works fine, when i select a row in the table, otherwise it is not.

Someone kindly help

- Mano

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Find below the solution.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!