cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator

VBA in qlikview

Hi i currently have a spreadsheet that downloads outlook calender information. I have provided a link so you can see what ive done and also to take away with you as its pretty useful.

it requires me to put in someones name and a start and end date then retrieves information based on those parameters.

I have field that contain peoples names and a calender in my qlikview tool.

is there a way to get my qikview tool to do what my spreadsheet is doing?

it will have to be done completely in the script and im assuming 1 download for all names through all dates (maybe just last 2 months to 6 months in the future) and then use the normal filters to do their business but I have absolutley no clue to do what i described in qlikview. any help?

p.s I am a desktop user so cant open anything, im hoping there is simply somewhere i can post my already working code in qlikview with a few minor edits.

Dropbox - calendar.xlsmhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/wk6qtk1w1k9rd8u/calendar.xlsm

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Samuel,

Forgive me "firewalled" from Dropbox.... so can't see your sample.

I have done quite a bit with Outlook and VBA, so these pointers may be useful (or not). Outlook doesn't talk too nicely with Excel as its state based, you open change something and the save.

You might have more success in creating views in Access with all Data, creating a datasource to point at your Access DB and the Qlikview points at your datasource. Essentially you would be just using Qlikview going forward as once your stream is configured it would not need touching.

Hope this helps a little.

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

You can create list boxes for Name and Date and the user can sort the data using these.

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

That currently what im doing what im after is a way to cut out the outlook intermediary.

Not applicable

Hi Samuel,

Forgive me "firewalled" from Dropbox.... so can't see your sample.

I have done quite a bit with Outlook and VBA, so these pointers may be useful (or not). Outlook doesn't talk too nicely with Excel as its state based, you open change something and the save.

You might have more success in creating views in Access with all Data, creating a datasource to point at your Access DB and the Qlikview points at your datasource. Essentially you would be just using Qlikview going forward as once your stream is configured it would not need touching.

Hope this helps a little.

Rob

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

that sounds like a much stronger solution than i currenlty have and will get to work using that solution.

thanks alot