Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

VBScript or Jscript for document to publish

Hi,

I have implemented a document with VBScript macro to run the reload when a button is pressed.

Does this macro function when I publish the document on QV Web Server or do I convert the macro in JScript?

Is there any documentation about JScript for QV?

Many thanks

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What I know is that it is not possible to allow users to reload a document through the Access Point. Reloads can only be performed with QVS, QlikView Desktop or with programmed taks in Windows.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks.

I'm using QV 10. Is it possible to use the IE plug-in?

Using Access Point is it possible to run VBScript macro?

In order to run an interactive data reload, how can I perform this operation with QV server?

Many thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What do you mean by If you can use the IE plugin? The IE plugin is available for all QlikView versions.

It's possible to run macros in the server, although I've heard some won't behave the way it's expected. So even if they work in the Desktop that doesn't means they'll work the same way in the server.

You can enable Macro execution in System/Setup/QVS/Security and check Allow macro execution on server and unsafe macro execution on server.

About the Interactive Data Reload, I don't know how it works although I guess 've seen this option in the QEMC.

Not applicable
Author

In the QV company site, the IE plugin for QV 10 isn't visible. In another post I have read how can download the plugin for QV 10 from the Access Point.

With the IE plugin I can run VBScript macro for a QV document published as a web document.

If I use the Ajax zero footprint option, can I use the VBScript macro or do I convert the code in JScript?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I hadn't notice that issue.

As far as I know the web client you choose won't affect the language you have to write your macros.

Not applicable
Author

My QVW document contains some VBScript macros.

I have tried that it functions when I run it with the IE plugin, but not with the Ajax zero footprint.

Thanks