Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Validating Slider Inputs and confirmation box

Hi All,

I have requirement to create a qlikview page which will have weightage details for different parameters - A,B,C,D.

A- 40 , B -40 , C -10 , D -100. Sum of weightages should be equal to 100. I have created this using slider object.

1. Incase of any changes done to these values , When user clicks submit button , user should get a confirmation box having message      and buttons like it usually happens in any webpage 

" Do you confirm these changes ? - Yes/No"

If yes , then user will be allowed to press "Submit" button.

2. Once submit button is pressed successully, if Sum of weightages is not equal to 100 , user will get error message " Invalid inputs".

This can be done through text box  and adding a condition in layout tab of textbox. Right now i have below condition:

W1+W2+W3+W4 <> 100 .

But the above condition is not linked with click on Submit button , how to add that option?

Thanks .

regards,

Nishith

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

part 2

instead of having a message after pressing the button that W1+W2+W3+W4 is not equal to 100, you have the message before (in  a text box maybe) and the button not visible

View solution in original post

3 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

put that condition in the show option for the button. If not met, the button does not show so it cannot be used

Not applicable
Author

I am sorry but there are two parts , your answer is for which part ? Also if you can explain a bit it will be helpful for me to understand.

Thanks.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

part 2

instead of having a message after pressing the button that W1+W2+W3+W4 is not equal to 100, you have the message before (in  a text box maybe) and the button not visible