Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Values on Combo Chart not displaying correctly.

Hi,

I've run into another strange issue with this simple chart I'm trying to plot. I'm trying to show 2 measures (Ph and Chlorine levels) from different Sample Sites (SiteIDs) in pressure zone areas (selected from a list box) over time (at a Yearly).

The Chlorine Level (shown as bars) are displaying fine, but the Ph Level are doing something very strange, for each year the values are getting displayed as a vertical line, instead of being spread out across the different sites.

I verified the data with source files and the aggregated pH values are in fact correct at the SiteID, Year level; so i'm not sure why the data isn't plotted over each SiteID in the x-axis.

Chart preview with the pH line (in blue) showing all the values across different sites in a vertical line.

Question3_!.png

Dimension selections:

Question3.png

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could someone please help!

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Could be a data model issue -- It looks like the pH levels are not associated with the site.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here's the data model, there's a link between Site and pH levels and Chlorine levels. This issue happens with Chlorine Levels in the Combo chart, if it's plotted as a Line instead of a bar.. and when pH is plotted as a bar it shows up as different values for each Site and Year combination. I wonder what the reason is! It's only been a week since I started using Qlikview and so help from the expereinced users here is much appreciated!

Question3_2.pngQuestion3_4.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Another issue with this chart is also that the Axis marks on the left aren't showing up.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Question 3_5.pngQuestion 3_6.png

Only the right axis is being shown in the chart.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I noticed another thing. If I remove the Year dimension and restrict the chart to showing values aggregated to just the Site alone, then the measure plotted as a line display correctly - at the Site level.Question 3_7.jpg

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

>>Here's the data model, there's a link between Site and pH levels and Chlorine levels.

There is no date link between the two parts of your model. In particular, there is no relationship between the dates in the two calendars. These links will provides some guidance on how to design a data model:

Get started with developing qlik datamodels

Advanced topics for creating a qlik datamodel

More advanced topics of qlik datamodels

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for sharing those resources.

But in the chart concerned, we are only using the dates from the calendar linked to it - Bac_Year ...

Two master calendars have been added to the model since there is no business relationship between the dates for Bacteria tests and Filtration plant. And to avoid a circular reference two tables have been loaded as they have 2 dimensions: this approach is shown in Hic's blog post here: Circular References

In an earlier version of the data model with a linktable, with a single date dimension  - the same issue was present.

Question 3_8.png

As shown here.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As long as there is no date link between the parts of the model, you will have those issues. This article may help solving how to handle multiple dates:

Canonical Date