Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variable Background Image

I have a set of Sales Data that is categorised geographically.

I have set up a number of charts which drill down from summarised data to geographical data.

So, let's say I have some "French" sales and some "German" sales...

Is it possible to display gif of the French flag as a background for the France sales and a German flag for German sales.

I can see there is a "Dynamic Background" option, but as far as I can see, this allows me to enter a URL to pull a net-based image as the background, and this is not what I want.

Maybe I can run a small script to help me... or maybe there's something simpler?

Thanks

Dave

QlikView for Windows 9.00.7646.9 SR6

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I just tested this and it seems to work fine... just use the full path name such as  \\Cmds20\User$\razavial\filename.gif

I hope it works for you

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I dont think I understand this properly... can you send an example of your chart that you are looking to apply this to??

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Please see attached

Not applicable
Author

Okay... as you have the chance of portraying alot of countries the best thing to do is build a statement in the dynamic background image option for each country....

eg.

=if(only(Country='France'),'URL',

if(only(Country='Germany'),'URL',))

This example is only for two countries... but if you can be bothered to add in the rest of the countries and find suitable url's for their flags this will end up showing a blank background when you have more than one country selected and it will show the country's own flag when you select just one.

I hope this is enough...

Sorry if you have already thought of this.

Not applicable
Author

OK... that's good... but ideally I don't want to use URLs.

Can I do the same with system pathnames?

Not applicable
Author

I just tested this and it seems to work fine... just use the full path name such as  \\Cmds20\User$\razavial\filename.gif

I hope it works for you

Not applicable
Author

Will test and report back...

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Works fine!