Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Variable - Current Month

Hi,

In order to have date fields broken down into 3 different fields each (day, month and year), I did the following:

LOAD [Product Name],
[ID number],
[Account no],
[Card no],
DATE(DATE#( [Account open date], 'DD-MMM-YY')) as [Account open date],
month(DATE(DATE#( [Account open date], 'DD-MMM-YY'))) as [Account open month],
year(DATE(DATE#( [Account open date], 'DD-MMM-YY'))) as [Account open year],
day(DATE(DATE#( [Account open date], 'DD-MMM-YY'))) as [Account open day],
[Account status code],

So now I have a list box for each in which I can make my selections, e.g. accounts opened in 2011 and April, or whatever.

On my overview sheet I would like to add the amount of customers who opened an account in the year, and in the month. At the moment I have this in a straight table with the following expressions:

Accounts opened this year - Count ({1<[Account open year] = {2011}>}[Account open date])

Accounts opened this month - Count ({1<[Account open month] = {Apr}, [Account open year] = {2011}>}[Account open date])

This works fine, but I would obviously have to update the expressions every month. I would like to change this so it automatically looks at "current month" and "current year".

What is the best way to do this?

I've created two variables, but I have no idea how to use them in expressions. They are:

Max(Year([Account open year])) and Max(Month([Account open year])) named vCurrentYear and vCurrentMonth.

Can someone please help me with these expressions, I have NO idea how variables work??

Thanks,

G

11 Replies
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Genius!

I actually think it would have worked with the previous one as well....

For the variable month we didn't add the "(" before Max in the previous effort.

We had Max({1<[Account open year] = {$(=$(vCurrentYear))}>} [Account open month]))

Anyway, it's working now, thank you so much!

Cheers,

G

balaraman31
Contributor
Contributor

buddy  We understand but Can you tell What you have Used to Write Vcurrent Month Please