Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Variable from Pivot table data

I have a pivot table with the amount of worked days for each employee,calculated as expressions from the employees' activities, per year. I need to calculate an average an worked days per year and use the said average on some other pivot tables. So as a solution I was thinking about making the said average a variable that I can call in other pivot tables.

Now the question is:

Is there a way in which I can reference an expression in a pivot table, when calculating a variable? If not, is there any other solution to my problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You couldn't put the multiple results of a pivot within a variable and also you couldn't refer from one object to another. You will always need to calculate your needed results within one object.

In your case you might be getting your results with nested aggregations with the aggr-function, maybe something like this:

avg(aggr(count(WorkingDays), Employee, Year))

To get an explanation what is meant, see: AGGR...

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Could be

Aggr(Avg(TOTAL <day> [Worked Days Expression], year))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Could be

Aggr(Avg(TOTAL <day> [Worked Days Expression], year))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

You couldn't put the multiple results of a pivot within a variable and also you couldn't refer from one object to another. You will always need to calculate your needed results within one object.

In your case you might be getting your results with nested aggregations with the aggr-function, maybe something like this:

avg(aggr(count(WorkingDays), Employee, Year))

To get an explanation what is meant, see: AGGR...

- Marcus