Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FakeJupiter
Creator
Creator

Variable in Store function not working properly

Hi there,

Been trying to figure this out without success on my own.

I want to export a table with a custom name, that is dependent on a variable.

This is what works:

let testMonth = '123';
Store EfektivitateExport into 'W:\SecretLocation\$(testMonth).csv' (txt);

If I run this code here, it exports a file named "123.csv" in the desied location.

However, if I define the variable as:

let testMonth = maxmonth;

where maxmonth is a variable that has a value of "8" , the exported file has blank name.

I would like to know what can I do to make a dynamic export file name that works.

Thanks

EDIT:

When I make a table with field maxmonth, it gives one result "8", so I assume that there is no problem.
When I make a variable in script let testMonth = maxmonth; the testMonth variable has no value after the reload? Why is that?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

If maxmonth is really a (valid) variable you don't need to create an extra variable testMonth to use it within the store-statement else you could use maxmonth.

But I assume you don't mean a variable else a fieldvalue. To grab any fieldvalue within the script you need a load or functions like peek() or fieldvalue() which may look in your case like:

let testMonth = fieldvalue('maxmonth', 1);

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

If maxmonth is really a (valid) variable you don't need to create an extra variable testMonth to use it within the store-statement else you could use maxmonth.

But I assume you don't mean a variable else a fieldvalue. To grab any fieldvalue within the script you need a load or functions like peek() or fieldvalue() which may look in your case like:

let testMonth = fieldvalue('maxmonth', 1);

- Marcus