Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patricesalem
Creator II
Creator II

Variable panel in qlik view - editing

Hello

I've been using for the previous months Qlik sense where I could have access to the Variable panel, directly in the Report edition mode.

I didn't need to load variables in the data model.

Today, I'm using Qlik View and don't have access to the data model. I can not see the Variable panel (bottom left of the screen in edition mode). I'm running on version Feb 2018 (server is on 12.5.2)

Would a change of version help me to get back the variable panel ?

thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hi,
I am a bit confused, is the issue with QlikView or Qlik Sense? As QlikView Feb 2018 does not exist.
Could you attach a picture of your issue for getting a better understanding?

We recommend posting appropriately as you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly. They can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks!
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

Albert_Candelario

Thanks for the context.

However, this post should have been opened in the Qlik Sense forum, but no worries 😃

The variables are not showed at Hub level, but at the application level. 

Please, check this article to understand the difference when it is your own app on the My work stream and when it is a published app.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000066950

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hi,
I am a bit confused, is the issue with QlikView or Qlik Sense? As QlikView Feb 2018 does not exist.
Could you attach a picture of your issue for getting a better understanding?

We recommend posting appropriately as you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly. They can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks!
patricesalem
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Albert,

Sorry for not being clear.

I was previously working on Qlik Sense Desktop. I was testing it before choosing Qlik and move to a cloud version for our CRM software.

On Qlik Sense Desktop, I was able to create variable without going into the data model:

2019-07-07 14_42_15-qlik variable panel - Recherche Google.jpg

On the cloud version, I only have access to the front end (Qlik view) to edit reports. I do not have access to the data model as it was the case for Qlik Sense Desktop.

The CRM company who is selling us the cloud access to Qlik Sense manages the data model.

On the back office side, I have access to the Qlik Sense hub :

2019-07-07 14_45_50-Qlik Sense.jpg

The only thing I can do from the hub is to open the dev hub:

2019-07-07 14_47_12-Qlik Sense.jpg

Patrice

Albert_Candelario

Thanks for the context.

However, this post should have been opened in the Qlik Sense forum, but no worries 😃

The variables are not showed at Hub level, but at the application level. 

Please, check this article to understand the difference when it is your own app on the My work stream and when it is a published app.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000066950

Cheers!

patricesalem
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the explanation...

I must look at session variable if I understand well...

I don't know what it is but I will look into it

pat