Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Variables behind a button

Hoping someone can help.

In the attached example, how do i get it that when the past date button is selected that the table on the right reflects to just show those that fall within the criteria of the variables behind the text boxes.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Please find attached

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

1) The chart on the right is a table box, you want to do this in table box or straight table is also okay?

2) So, when I select Past Date, I see a total count of 4 across the 6 text boxes.. is the expectation to see only 4 rows which meet the criteria?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

You're using a TableBox, it's parameters are limited. could you use a simple table instead? if so, then you could use different expressions that look like your variable expressions (with a conditional display)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Either Table box or straight table would be useful.

Yes, I would expect to only see those four lines as the output

sunny_talwar

Please find attached

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is what I am looking for! Thank you.

How would this work is a chart already has another expression though? I have a chart with Owner name, then a count expression, but the expression is just outputting the same on every row?

button.PNG

sunny_talwar

That is because you have stored your variable with an '=' sign. Remove the '=' sign from your variables

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much!

sunny_talwar

No problem at all... please close the thread by marking correct and helpful response if you got what you wanted.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have noticed that the expression is not working as I would like. I believe it is because of the range sum. It is adding all of the records.

e.g. Jef with an urgency of Medium &risk Factor High should be 8 but it is 22.

I tried a RangeCount instead but this also did not work.