Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Variables behind a button

Hoping someone can help.

In the attached example, how do i get it that when the past date button is selected that the table on the right reflects to just show those that fall within the criteria of the variables behind the text boxes.

Thanks.

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

I don't think I follow you completely here... Let's take your example and look at the image below

Capture.PNG

I selected Jeff... and for Medium Urgency and High Risk Factor... I see 3, how are you getting 8?

Capture.PNG

Also, if you see in the table... I see 3 rows... where do you see 22 rows?

Capture.PNG

What am I missing?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if you select through the drill down chart that was also attached the numbers are incorrect.

range sum.PNG

*Apologies, I mean't Medium and Critical

sunny_talwar

There are multiple issues

1) You are using set analysis in your variable to show specific value regardless of selection in Urgency and Risk Factor... to fix this... you can try this

Sum(Aggr(If(vShow = 0,

RangeSum($(vCriticalHighPD), $(vHighHighPD), $(vCriticalMediumPD), $(vHighMediumPD), $(vCriticalLowPD), $(vHighLowPD)),

If(vShow = 1,

RangeSum($(vCriticalHigh), $(vHighHigh), $(vCriticalMedium), $(vHighMedium), $(vCriticalLow), $(vHighLow)),

RangeSum($(vHighHighN14), $(vCriticalMediumN14), $(vHighMediumN14), $(vCriticalLowN14), $(vHighLowN14)))), Age, [Last Observed], [Risk Factor], Urgency))

2) One of your variable vCriticalHigh was incorrectly specified

Capture.PNG

So, basically Urgency Medium was getting double counted....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Fixed the wrongly specified variable (thank you!)

However, the if statement now does not show half of my owners in the chart....?

sunny_talwar

See if this helps

Sum(Aggr(If(vShow = 0,

RangeSum($(vCriticalHighPD), $(vHighHighPD), $(vCriticalMediumPD), $(vHighMediumPD), $(vCriticalLowPD), $(vHighLowPD)),

If(vShow = 1,

RangeSum($(vCriticalHigh), $(vHighHigh), $(vCriticalMedium), $(vHighMedium), $(vCriticalLow), $(vHighLow)),

RangeSum($(vHighHighN14), $(vCriticalMediumN14), $(vHighMediumN14), $(vCriticalLowN14), $(vHighLowN14)))), Owner, Age, [Last Observed], [Risk Factor], Urgency))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have discovered that using the sum(agrr(

it is not showing any Low or medium results in my chart, only critical and high?

they have data in the load but just aren't showing through that expression.

NoLowMed.PNG

Any advice?

sunny_talwar

Without seeing, nope... sorry