Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Not applicable

Variant of YTD: Generating a table of YTX where X is from a list of dates ... How?

Hi,

I have a fact table of sales with dates that I would like to be able to use to generate a corresponding table showing the YTD values for each date.  This should be interactive and correspond to whatever possible selected dimension combination -- and be independent of the date selected. 

Q1: What should a set analysis expression look like for computing the year-to-date cummulative YTX value, where X is a static end date on the table?

Q2: Would the expression need to be different if dealing with weekly data vs monthly data?

Thanking in advance for your help.

As a specific example, I would like to generate a YTX table that looks like below (pivot table with a static KeepDate dimension defining the cummulative end date of X across?).  The Fact table contains dimensions Product, Region, and Date with the fact data being Sales.

ProductRegionAug 2011Sep 2011Oct 2011Nov 2011Dec 2011Jan 2012Feb 2012Mar 2012
ANorth40045050055060070140210
BNorth485460667271421
CNorth72819099108102030
AWest800900100011001200120240360

I tried the following expressions but get a "-" value back.  Please help me understand where my problem in the expression is?  Thanks!

=

Sum({$
<
Date={"<=$(=KeepDate)"},
Year = Year(Date),
Quarter = ,
Month =
>
}
Sales)

4 Replies
shaik_basha
Contributor III

Re: Variant of YTD: Generating a table of YTX where X is from a list of dates ... How?

Hi,

in expressino your adding year,that one is not required,if adding year means data will be filter based on year also.

Regards

shaik_basha
Contributor III

Re: Variant of YTD: Generating a table of YTX where X is from a list of dates ... How?

Hi,

in expressino your adding year,that one is not required,if adding year means data will be filter based on year also.

Regards

shaik_basha
Contributor III

Hi,

Regards

shaik_basha
Contributor III

Hi,

Regards