cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Visual Cues in Chart based on Chart Row

CasebyDx.png

Hi all,

I have expressions that count the number of cases in the current period, the number of cases in the previous period, and the number of average cases over all time.  I've put these expressions in a chart, and my dimension breaks the chart down by Diagnosis.  I want to use visual cues to make a Current Period Cases row turn Green if it is greater than the average.  So in my example above, the first row, is 116 current period cases, and the average is 87, so it would turn green.

I tried putting the expression for average cases into the visual cues, but it is comparing current period cases to the TOTAL average cases, not the average case per line in the chart.  Does anyone know how to get it to compare it to the average per line?

Thanks!

Melissa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be use background color expression to get different colors.

Colors in charts

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be use background color expression to get different colors.

Colors in charts

Not applicable
Author

No sorry, that doesn't work.  It doesn't deem any of the values as true and is coloring them all the false color.

akash3191
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Melissa,

Not necessarily this has to be achieved using the Visual cues. You can also use the background color option that appears under the expression. Below are the steps to do the same.

1. Go to the properties of the table.

2. Expand the expression "Current Period Cases".

3. Select "Background Color" from the list.

4. Enter the expression,

if([Current Period Cases]>=[Average # Cases], Green(), Red())

Hope this helps.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample? or at least share the expression you tried?

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Melissa,

Pfa sample. Hope this is what your looking for .

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Would you got solution or else try with ColorMax2() function

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

I went back and tried again and got it to work by adding the Num() around the second portion of the equation.  I am not sure why that helped, though.  

This worked:

If($(mEDVisitVolumeDateParameter(Date={">=$(=date($(=zFlexibleDateInterval1)))<=$(=date(vAsOfDate))"}))>Num($(mEDVisitVolume)/($(mDaysInPeriod)/$(mDaysInPeriodCompareCurrent)),'##.##'),red(),green())

I previously was trying this and it wasn't working:

If($(mEDVisitVolumeDateParameter(Date={">=$(=date($(=zFlexibleDateInterval1)))<=$(=date(vAsOfDate))"}))>$(mEDVisitVolume)/($(mDaysInPeriod)/$(mDaysInPeriodCompareCurrent)),red(),green())