cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Visual cues not working

Hi all,

Hope you can help.

Within a straight table, we can change the backgroud of a cell based on 'Visual cues',  great for highlighting ares of interest in a table. However, in each cell I don't just have a number (say field1) I also have a freq

=avg(field1)
=avg(field1) & '(' & count(field1) & ')'

From the above two expressions, I am able to use visual cues for the first but not the second.

Is there any way around this as I really want to include the freq within each cell.

Regards,

Revlin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Visual cues only work with expression that return numericals. Your second expression is returning a string.

But you can use a background color attribute expression (click on the small plus sign next to your expression in expression tab) and enter as defiition something like

=if(avg(field1) < 0, lightred() )

i.e. you must create an expression that returns a color (can also be created using rgb() or argb() functions).

Hope this helps,

Stefan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Visual cues only work with expression that return numericals. Your second expression is returning a string.

But you can use a background color attribute expression (click on the small plus sign next to your expression in expression tab) and enter as defiition something like

=if(avg(field1) < 0, lightred() )

i.e. you must create an expression that returns a color (can also be created using rgb() or argb() functions).

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Stefan - this is exactlky what I was looking for.

Regards

Revlin