Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II

Visual cues stopped working after using floor and IF condition in an expression

Hi,

Visual cues were showing text color properly but when i modified expression and used If condition as well as floor suddenly colors are not visible and text is appearing in black color. Any idea why is it happening?

5 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Something must be wrong in your expression with the if condition (possibly a syntax error, or maybe just the expression itself).

suniljain
Master
Master

Please check your expression.

rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I got the problem now so i modify a question bit. I am using symbol in If and else condition as i am trying to get up and down arrows along with the value in a single column

Example: 

IF(sum(Field A)>=1000,Floor(sum())&'▲', else condition & '▼')

How to add colors in If and else condition in above expression as after adding images like ▼  as visual cues doesnt work

Nicole-Smith

I don't understand what you're trying to do.  You'll need to post a .qvw (see Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling).

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That expression returns strings, not numbers. That's why you can't use it for the visual cues. You can use it in the expression for the column, but not for the visual cues. You can use 1000 as upper boundary for the visual cues and set the colors like you want them. For instance green text color for the Upper setting and red for the Normal setting.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand