Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baki_2019
Contributor
Contributor

Ways to send an email from Qlikview file

Hi All,

I am trying to  send an email through Qlikview publisher.

I am getting the below error. Can anyone please help me? My Gmail ID : writetovidhyaa@gmail.com

Error in processing. The server response was: 5.7.3 STARTTLS is required to send mail

When i tried changing the 'Enalble SSL' option to true in 'QVManagementService.exe' config file, i got the below error:

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Attached the error snapshot.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

In looking at your image, you have the port set to 25, most of the time that is not an secure port.  In the both the QVDistributionService.exe.config and QVManagementService.exe.config you need to change the below from false to true.

<!-- Set to true to enable secure SSL connection to SMTP server. -->
<add key="UseSSLForSMTP" value="false"/>

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Baki_2019
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response.

I tried changing the value to 'true', after that I am getting the below error.

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Can you please help me here?

Thanks,

Baki

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did you set the port to 587? 

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Josh_Berg_Support

Baki,

Did you make the necessary changes on the SMTP server to use an SSL connection?   Changing the setting on  QVDistributionService.exe.config and QVManagementService.exe.config requires a certificate to be implemented.

Thanks,
Josh

Baki_2019
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes I tried changing the port to 587. Attached the error I am getting.

Baki_2019
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Josh, Attached the file. Can you please guide me where to change the certificate to be implemented? Thanks, Baki
Baki_2019
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I am betting that anonymous is not allowed.  If you use wireshark, and filter for SMTP traffic you might get more information on the error. Also, if you are running local firewall it might be blocking it.

Bill