Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Web Server not responding

I m facing a very critical problem! Qlikview while it was working fine, there is a problem while trying to have access on the Webserver of our application, 10.0.x.xxx/qlikview.login.htm, it says Login Failed.

I tried to get into run->services.msc-> but everything looks to work fine there. I tried to restart the local server, the webserver service, and I still have the same big big problem where users can only login locally on my pc instead of their PCs.

When I go to Qlikview Management Console and I click on the Qlikview Web Servers and then to the IP of the specific problem, it says ---> The Web server is currently not responding.

If I open the Server Manager, in Dashboard of the Local Server it has red color indicating that a service has stopped and cannot start again. This service is this one below:

WIN-1HOSTN18A4HWindows Licensing Monitoring ServiceWLMSStoppedAutomatic

When I try to restart it, it doesnt and a notification with a red flag is coming that one or more services cannot be started

Please help me! I dont know what to do with this!

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

First, change the hostname and remove the "-" from it, if allowed by IT policies, there are known issues with long servernames in the QMC. If you cannot, use the IP address everywhere in the configuration files and QMC (not recommended and probably unsupported, but at least a workaround).

Second, I don't know if that would be related, but that service you mention is related to the Windows license, so contact your IT department to make sure that that server is properly licensed. If it is licensed correctly, then ignore that service, it is not used by Qlik at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is it possible to fix the problem if I change the Hostname? What effects can have If I change the Hostname? Maybe some Remote Desktop Access we have on this PC?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I found some solutions that a user applied in the past and I would like to ask if it s correct to do the same in order to fix the problem:

1. Go to the web server, IIS>> Default WebSite>>QvAjaxZfc>>Right click on Anonymous Authentication>>Edit and change the "Anonymous user identity" from "Specific user" to "Application pool identity".

Also change the Windows Authentication from "Enabled" to "Disabled".

2. On the same server, Go to Server Manager>>Local Server>> IE Enhanced Security Improvement Program>> and turn it OFF. Do the same on the app server.

Are these correct techniques in order to solve the problem?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The first is a must apply in order to ensure proper use of DMS authorization (instead of NTFS) when IIS is the webserver of choice, which was not in your original description of the issue. The second is a requirement for QlikView to work, regardless which web server you are using.

Whether this is the fix to your issue, we will only see after you apply them. My hesitation comes from the fact that it seems it is a sudden behavior, while the use of DMS or NTFS is a thought through decision and a setting that  does not "switch off" unexpectedly.

It might be a good idea to contact Qlik Support and request them the best practices for IIS + QlikView, they have some useful documents with regards to this.