Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Webserver how do I know if required

Hi,

I am in the process of Installing the Qlikview Server ( Installing the latest version April 2019 SR1), should I be doing the install of Full Installation, Single machine with Qlikview Webserver

Or tick the ones from Profiles which gives me the following list of the ones to choose to do the installation for

Qlikview Server

Reload/Distribution Engine

Management Console

Webserver

I am unsure though about the Webserver? How do I know if my current server is using this ( current server is on version 11 sr2) and should I just do the Full Installation?

Thanks

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you are doing a single server install, You would do the Full installation. The only option you will need to worry about is the Web server and if you are going to use IIS or the QlikView web server.

When you get to the screen where you select the setup, if you see the below where you have an option to install either QlikView Webserver or IIS then IIS is installed on the machine. If the only option is QlikView Webserver then it isn't.  If both options are there you will need to decide which webserver you want to use.

Also, as a note, the service account has to be a member of the local Administrators Group.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just to follow-up on Bill's post, you can check the current Qlik services on the existing version, you are looking for the Settings service if using IIS and if you are using our web server it will be Web Server...  That should give you a bit more confidence hopefully.

Here is a Help link that may be helpful too:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.