Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Websource probleme

Hello QV Community,

Im trying to connect QV with the following data source (webadress) :

https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/report/aftersales/report_weekly.html

When I open the page in browser i am getting referred to our Corporate Login Page:

https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/internal/login?TYPE=3324323&REALMOID=06-d8fb72-4ebf-110c-f120fb1e&GUID=&SMAUT...

and after filling in my credentials i am instantly redirected to the wished Page.

But in QV im not reaching the data!

Heard about using Qlik Rest Connector but I have no clue how to handle the connector!

Can anybody give some hint or example how to use the connector in my case? Or is there another way getting the data connected to QV?

Thanks for helping!

Susan

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Any ideas?

Every hint will be appreciated

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The REST Connector is designed for connecting to a REST interface, not a standard web page.

You could try appending your credentials to the original URL and test this in a browser that is not already logged in.

eg ...report/aftersales/report_weekly.html?userName=SomeUser&password=somePassword

But it may be "login" or "user" instead of "userName"

If this works and takes you straight to the report then you can use this in the REST connector.

You would have the base URL then parameters would be userName and password with their values.

Better still if there is a real API for this reporting software then you need to get the guide for it.  Then you may be able to specify the report name and report parameters through the connector.

Hope that this helps - without a published API it's the best I can do.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Actually, looking at your final URL, you could parse this in the REST connector as follows.

But chances are that some of these parameters are specific to the original login and can't be reused.  There may be a re-usable token that you can generate and use instead of a login.

Not applicable
Author

Thank u very much for answering.

I will give it try tomorrow !