Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VishrantiC
Contributor
Contributor

What changes are required to be done while upgrading data source of Qlik Reports?

Hello,

I have QlikView reports with version 11.20. 

We want to upgrade our data source server. Here, we are using SQL server as data source and we want to change the whole warehouse server from one to another.

We have QVS files in which the server connection is given. So from that we can change the data source.

But are there other changes that are required to be done? Because it is production server to we can't directly do it. May be it can impact all reports if I skipped any step and we have lots of reports users are using.

Please help me out on this as I need it to be done on urgent basis.

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

As long as you update your ODBC/OLE DB connection strings/DSNs to point to the new server etc., everything should be fine, but you may need to update the SQL Server Client drivers on the Qlik Server doing the reloads to the matching SQL Server version as well.  I cannot think of anything else that should be an issue here.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.