Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II

What if Analysis- How to update the Table dynamicaly

Hi ,

I am working on capacity planning and almost finished 80% of the work. The project is On the basis of Production Plan (any manufacturing company) , now i am able to give Machines/ manpower/raw material & time required along with OEE & OPE.

Now, i want to update the qlikview table on the basis of user selection i.e. if User wish to change the production plan for a single product among  1000+ products, then how to do it? with What if analysis i.e. by defining a variable i can do it but it is not feasible to create that many variables .

1) What i propose is that, the end user will select the product and then enter the modified qty ( we will create a variable to hold this value)   and this data i want to concatenate to the existing table on  a click of a button.

2) After as many as changes the end user does, i want to reload the application on a click of a button

how to achieve this?

Regards

Rahul Varma.

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Rahul,

Please have a look at this link.

SQL Writeback from QlikView extension object.

rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ramkumar,

Thanks for the solution suggested. Sorry to say that, i am not looking to write back to SQL table, but i want  write back / concatenate to the Qlikview Table which is in the same application. Example is as under.

Routing:

load Materail, PlannedQty

from d:\prodplant.qvd (qvd);

Say , below are the records

Material   PlannedQty

A              100

B               110

C              300

and so on (No limit to the data)

Now, what i want is that, end user should be able to change the quantity of any of the material in Routing Table and for this, i want to create a set of records and wish to concatenate the set of records to the this Routing table .

e.g.

if End user wants to change the quantity of material A and wish to keep it as 200 then, i wish concatenate the table as under.

Concatinate (Routing)

load Material, PlannedQty, 'M' as modified.

How to achieve this.