Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is buffer load? Explain it with example!

Hi All,

What is buffer load? Can some one please explain with example in a simple terms. I checked the helpfile but it is not clear.

I request the qlikview experts to answer me for this post.

Thanks,

Atittude

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Buffer- If the keyword is prefixed before the load QVD files can be created automatically and stored in the Application Data folder. You can check the user preferences- Folder for the location details.

There are limitations which you check in help.And the QVD will get deleted automatically when the document you have created is deleted.But you can restirct it getting deleted automatically by enabling by Keep orphaned Buffers.

I would suggest to go through Help option which will more clarity.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Can some one please explain me about the buffer load. Help file is not giving enough information!

Thanks,

Attitude

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Is it a interview Question?

If i understand your question correctly. Buffer is keyword prefixed to the Load Statement to automatically create and maintain the QVD.You can get more information in the Help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brindlogcool,

No it is not an interview question! I was going through the incremental load that time I got to know about the buffer load that could not understand from the help file. If you mean to say that is used to create and maintain the QVD. Can I assume that it is same as STORE command?  If both are not same then what would be the differences?

Thanks,

Attitude

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Buffer- If the keyword is prefixed before the load QVD files can be created automatically and stored in the Application Data folder. You can check the user preferences- Folder for the location details.

There are limitations which you check in help.And the QVD will get deleted automatically when the document you have created is deleted.But you can restirct it getting deleted automatically by enabling by Keep orphaned Buffers.

I would suggest to go through Help option which will more clarity.

Not applicable
Author

Have a look at this video which should explain it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K7_WyksYxs

Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator

HI Community,

I would highly recommend everyone looking to learn "Buffer Load" to go through this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMrrEC3QOFg

Manish Kumar, Senior Business Analyst