Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is difference between add,concatenate,without concatenate?

Hi All,

I have doubt.

We have a script keyword add, concatenate in qlikview. Ryt?

I want to know what is the difference between those.?

I worto a script like below:

Tab1:

load * Inline

[Id1,Item

1,A

2,B

3,C

4,D];

Concatenate

load * Inline

[Id1,Item

1,A

2,B

3,C

4,D

5,E] where not Exists(Item);

Tab2:

load * Inline

[Id1,Item

1,A

2,B

3,C

4,D];

Add

load * Inline

[Id1,Item

1,A

2,B

3,C

4,D

Tab3:

load * Inline

[Id1,Item

1,A

2,B

3,C

4,D];

load * Inline

[Id1,Item

1,A

2,B

3,C

4,D

These three tables returns same value like below.

Capture12.PNG

Please give me some knowledge on this.

Regards,

Kabilan K.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1. Concatenate does not make any difference here because the table structure of table 1 and 2 is the same (Id1 and Item). Thus, QlikView will concatenate these tables automatically. The concatenate keyword is used to force concatenation of two tables that do not have an identical structure.

2. The Add keyword is used for Partial Reload, so when runing a partial reload, only the load statements with the prefix add or replace will be loaded. However, on a full reload all load statements will run, so in this case both table 1 and 2 load as normal and since the structure is identical, they will be automatically concatenated and you end up with one table.

3. Since both tables, 1 and 2 are identical in structure, they will be automatically concatenated.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Johannes, I am loading from QVD files for last 4 years from 4 different file; as the structure are same they all concatenate automatically. But I want to load only current year say 4th table as it has additional transactions. If add REPLACE/ADD LOAD with 4th and run Reload, only 4th table exists; all other data are not in QVW file. Please advise