Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luiz_damascena
Contributor III
Contributor III

What is the best approach to restricting access to a folder?

My project has multiple folders, and for one of them I want that only one user have access.

Users are of type Document, and only one of them authenticates using Active Directory integration. The others - including this one I want exclusive access to this folder - do not; they are users created on server.

What is the best approach to restricting access to a folder? OSUser ()? Something similar?

Thank you in advance.

Luiz Carlos

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

Try to include the NTName if the expression doesn't work for the server users.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

I assume that Users created from the Server have no remote access to the server hosting the Qlik installation. If they do, you can start by utilizing OS security.

You can create a security rule that is based on Qlik Connection (Folder) on QMC to determine who has access to the folder.

This article should assist you Understanding the security rules included in the Qlik Sense default install

Hope this helps.

luiz_damascena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Jerry, the users created on server only access using web.

They are not "real users" on the server...

And I assuming this...

I didn't create them...

I only update the qvw - after work in my computer - in a network shared folder.

OSUser in the Show Folder - Conditional in General Tab from folder - for the user authenticated by AD - works fine, using this - =mid(OSUser(),index(OSUser(),'\')+1) = 'JohnDoe'

Will work in the same way for the other users?

Thank you in advance.

Luiz Carlos.

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

Try to include the NTName if the expression doesn't work for the server users.