Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is the implementation time for Qlik View?

Hello,

I am look for a road map on how to implement Qlik View.

How long does it take? What other costs are involved other then purchasing Qlik View?  Can you provide a list of all things Qlik View can connect to (i.e SAP)? A lessons learned sort of thing..

Thank you for your help.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Michael,

It is the very open questions.  I'll try to give you an idea, but it may be not helpful.

1. Assuming you have QlikView and QlikView Server installed, implementation may take from a few hours to a few months, depending on the complexity of the requirements, data sources, specific knowledge of the business, data, and QlikView itself.

2. Costs - development and maintenance time, equipment.

3. Data sources - there can't be a list.  QlikView can read data from virtually any structured (even not well structured) data source.  If it can't do it directly, there are (or can be built) connectors.  The "most natural" data sources are databases (OLEDB or ODBC connection) and files (Excel, csv, xml...).

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

Thank you for answering my question.  Just to get a very rough picture about implementing QlikView;

How long did it take for your company to stand up QlikView?

Thanks,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

1. SAP can be connected through SAP Connector.(need to purchase license for connector)

2. For implementation need to define or finalize your requirement,complexity.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Qlikview Implementation depends on

1. Data Size (ETL perspective).

2. Incremental Logic Building on transaction tables.

3. After finalize your requirement data model development

4. you required to install qlikview server for publishing & trigger activity.

Regards,

Mukesh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm working for a consulting company, so for our clients it is very different.  As for our company itself, it took me exactly one working week (five days) to build the first QV application.  When I started, I had about five years of QV experience, but zero knowledge about the data sources and the requirements.  If I had that knowledge, it would be twice faster at least.

No QV server was involved, just the development.  If there was a Server, it would add a couple hours to install and configure.

There were many more internal applications after that, simple and complex.  Initial development sometimes took a few weeks, and the change requests are ongoing...  Often the logically insignificant, mostly cosmetic requirements take much time.