Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr__dhar
Contributor II
Contributor II

What will happen if LEF expired

As per my experience, this expiry usually means that your maintenance/upgrade facility would no more be available, however, your product would work as is.

Please let me know if i am wrong

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As a very basic principle, yes. But note that a LEF file is simply a textual description of your license entitlements.
- If your LEF has a line with TIMELIMIT, for example, the product should stop working after the date specified in that line.
- A LEF can also become obsolete even when the product is during maintenance in which case contacting Qlik Support will provide the correct and updated LEF file.
- If PRODUCTLEVEL is there and it has a date, your product will keep working as long as the version run has been issued prior to the date specified, for example, if the date is "2018-12-31" that license cannot be used in a QlikView April 2020, since this version was released after December 2018. Reverting to an older version, released before that date will work fine.

I suggest you contact either Qlik Support, if you have a current maintenance agreement, or with your Qlik Partner or Qlik Sales team to see what could be causing that issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As a very basic principle, yes. But note that a LEF file is simply a textual description of your license entitlements.
- If your LEF has a line with TIMELIMIT, for example, the product should stop working after the date specified in that line.
- A LEF can also become obsolete even when the product is during maintenance in which case contacting Qlik Support will provide the correct and updated LEF file.
- If PRODUCTLEVEL is there and it has a date, your product will keep working as long as the version run has been issued prior to the date specified, for example, if the date is "2018-12-31" that license cannot be used in a QlikView April 2020, since this version was released after December 2018. Reverting to an older version, released before that date will work fine.

I suggest you contact either Qlik Support, if you have a current maintenance agreement, or with your Qlik Partner or Qlik Sales team to see what could be causing that issue.