Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

When the end user adds objects

Hi folks,

I've just deployed my first Qlikview application to our Qlikview server - hooray!

I've just realised the end user can do things via the web browser interface I didn't expect them to be able to do, like adding their own sheet objects.

It also seems that if I add a sheet object in my web browser, it doesn't appear in my colleagues' views and likewise I don't see anything they've added.

Does Qlikview let you customise your own personal view of the deployed applications and add your own graphs? This is unexpected.

Is there a local config file or something? Or are we all editing what's on the server? Will it sync eventually?

Also, it seems to remember selections made? Is it the last selection you made, or the last selection anyone made?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Karen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Users can edit/create their own report, provided the qvw and server settings are set properly. This edits don't change the original documents in the server. There would be a user-wise store to keep track of. Read:

Can QVW be congiured to allow users to create a report via a published document in AccessPoint?

Re: what are the options for creating/modifying dashboards/reports on web

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Users can edit/create their own report, provided the qvw and server settings are set properly. This edits don't change the original documents in the server. There would be a user-wise store to keep track of. Read:

Can QVW be congiured to allow users to create a report via a published document in AccessPoint?

Re: what are the options for creating/modifying dashboards/reports on web

Not applicable
Author

Thank you. So... it sounds as if the user changes are saved in a .SHARED file and they are user-specific.

When the QVW file refreshes on the server, it doesn't seem to affect the .SHARED file.

Presumably deleting the .SHARED file would wipe all user changes? Is this advisable when uploading a new version of the QVW file do you think?

Not applicable
Author

I just tested this on the test server.

If you delete the .Shared file, any objects you have added at the browser end disappear.

You can't make changes to existing sheet objects and if you move them they go back to their initial position whenever you re-load the file.

So if you update your QVW file, the user changes in the .Shared file will just be superimposed on top of it.

This is fantastic! I had no idea. It means people don't need to wait for a Developer to update the QVW file, they just add what they need.