Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

When to use < and >, { and }

Hey guys. Quick, easy question for you.

When do you need to use < > in an expression?

When do you need to use { } in an expression?

I've built about two dozen expressions now, but have never used these. Wondering if that might be an issue for me.

That's it. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

So, let me ask you this: Should I have used them in this expression?

sum( if (APEL_LTR_SNT_DT-[Received Date]<=60 and DSFT_SEVY_DS = 'Standard60' and APEL_DS = 'Denial Overturned',1)) / count( if ( DSFT_SEVY_DS = 'Standard60' and APEL_DS = 'Denial Overturned', DSFT_ID))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In Set Analysis such as: -

SUM({$<Field={'ThisSelection'}>}SumMe)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The < and > are used in comparison: if( value1>value2, 'value1 is larger than value2') and in combination with the total keyword: sum(total <Product> Sales) to return the total sum over the dimension Product. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

So, let me ask you this: Should I have used them in this expression?

sum( if (APEL_LTR_SNT_DT-[Received Date]<=60 and DSFT_SEVY_DS = 'Standard60' and APEL_DS = 'Denial Overturned',1)) / count( if ( DSFT_SEVY_DS = 'Standard60' and APEL_DS = 'Denial Overturned', DSFT_ID))

Not applicable
Author

Will Qlikview know that I'm doing set analysis, or do I need to put the curly brackets and angle brackets somewhere in the expression? The expression as it stands DOES give me results - I'm just wondering if I might be missing some data by not using the right modifiers.