Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

When to use < and >, { and }

Hey guys. Quick, easy question for you.

When do you need to use < > in an expression?

When do you need to use { } in an expression?

I've built about two dozen expressions now, but have never used these. Wondering if that might be an issue for me.

That's it. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: When to use < and >, { and }

So, let me ask you this: Should I have used them in this expression?

sum( if (APEL_LTR_SNT_DT-[Received Date]<=60 and DSFT_SEVY_DS = 'Standard60' and APEL_DS = 'Denial Overturned',1)) / count( if ( DSFT_SEVY_DS = 'Standard60' and APEL_DS = 'Denial Overturned', DSFT_ID))

4 Replies
Not applicable

In Set Analysis such as: -

SUM({$<Field={'ThisSelection'}>}SumMe)

Gysbert_Wassenaar
Not applicable

The < and > are used in comparison: if( value1>value2, 'value1 is larger than value2') and in combination with the total keyword: sum(total <Product> Sales) to return the total sum over the dimension Product. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

So, let me ask you this: Should I have used them in this expression?

sum( if (APEL_LTR_SNT_DT-[Received Date]<=60 and DSFT_SEVY_DS = 'Standard60' and APEL_DS = 'Denial Overturned',1)) / count( if ( DSFT_SEVY_DS = 'Standard60' and APEL_DS = 'Denial Overturned', DSFT_ID))

Not applicable

Will Qlikview know that I'm doing set analysis, or do I need to put the curly brackets and angle brackets somewhere in the expression? The expression as it stands DOES give me results - I'm just wondering if I might be missing some data by not using the right modifiers.