Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinod22kv
Creator
Creator

While running the job in QMC it throwing error Cannot open file.

Hi Team,

Just I want to one clarification regarding job in QMC job. When I am executing the QVW file manually it is executing successfully but while running in QMC it is throwing path issue. could you please help me to do this? please find the below example for reference.

QMC Log details:

Error: Cannot open file '\\FPSERVER\Company\Shared\Household\TL - Performance\Quality 1_05_06_2018 Start LIVE 1.xlsx' The system cannot find the path specified.

General Script Error

Execution Failed

Execution finished.

When I am executing same QVW file manually it is running successfully without any log error.

And when I am loading multiple excels using the below script it is working fine. When I am trying to load single excel I am getting above error. Request you to help me out Please.

Set vConcatenate = ;

sub ScanFolder(Root)

for each FileExtension in 'xlsx'

for each FoundFile in filelist( Root & '\*.' & FileExtension)

WebChat:
LOAD [Department Name],
[Start Time (GMT+0)],
[Conversions (Agent Attributed)]

FROM [$(FoundFile)]
(
ooxml, embedded labels, table is department_chats_analytics_2099);

Set vConcatenate = Concatenate;

next FoundFile

next FileExtension

for each SubDirectory in dirlist( Root & '\*' )

call ScanFolder(SubDirectory)

next SubDirectory

end sub

Call ScanFolder('\\FPSERVER\Company\Shared\Household\CALL CENTRE STATS\Webchat Dashboard') ;

store WebChat into (qvd);

Thanks and Regards,

1. Vinod.
10 Replies
michelknecht
Contributor II
Contributor II

First, check the properties of the shared folder. In your case, i guess the folder is ...\Company\... somewhere on the Server FPSERVER. In my case, the User SRV*** is running the QlikView-Services on the QlikView-Server and has access to the folder SETUP, due to the permission level of the owner. A read permission would already do this job. Make sure this also applies on subfolders.

2018-09-07 16_17_18-VDI Win10 RJ03P02.png

Secondly, check the security on the file itself. It needs the right to read the file. In my case, SRV*** has full access to the used file.

2018-09-07 16_18_02-VDI Win10 RJ03P02.png

BR