Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rakesh_kumar
Creator
Creator

Why any of my comments or discussions not getting posted?

Hi,

I am wondering why any of my discussions or comments or not getting posted in Qlik Community?

If my comments or discussions are not posted then what is the purpose of joining this forum??????

Please could some one answer?

Regards,

RK

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hello Rakesh,

Your posts were awaiting moderation. Qlik moderation normally releases posts that are held by our system within 24 hours. Not all posts are held, you happened to have lucked out on all four of you posts with our screening tool.

Thank you for your contributions to the Qlik Community.

-Robert

View solution in original post

8 Replies
quwok
Creator III
Creator III

I can see this

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you describe what happened from your point of view? Did you get an error message or perhaps a message about a moderator having to approve your post?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Hello Rakesh,

Your posts were awaiting moderation. Qlik moderation normally releases posts that are held by our system within 24 hours. Not all posts are held, you happened to have lucked out on all four of you posts with our screening tool.

Thank you for your contributions to the Qlik Community.

-Robert

Not applicable

Does the approval process require manual work? It's very frustrating that to wait for my questions to be POSTED (not even being read) after 24 hours. I believe there is a better way to do this.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Jessica,

The approval process requires manual work. However, there are moderators from different countries in different timezones, so if you are experiencing a 24 hours delay for each and every post, let us know just in case there is another issue that could be causing this.

Kindest regards,

Miguel

Not applicable

I agree this seems to be counter-productive.

I tried to post my first discussion over 48 hours ago, but it is still awaiting moderator approval.

I thought the purpose of having a community was to provide support when you needed it, not days later (if at all).

Not applicable

Greetings Mick,

Qlik Communities uses a number of tools to keep the neighborhood clutter down. If we did not, our forums would be choked with Spam posts for online gambling dens, personal services and even reliable advice from world famous astrologers (I deleted about 2 dozen of those this morning).

In fact, if you happen to see one that slipped through the filters, please flag it as abuse so we can review and remove it.

The majority of posts hit the forums almost immediately, but there are those that the system flags for human review. That's when a delay happens. I'm sure as a developer you can imaging the difficulties in both reacting to existing Spam methodologies and anticipating how to block new spam forms in the future. We don't discuss 'what' we do exactly as those wishing to spam sites pay attention to defenses and adapt.

I'll certainly mention the long delay in moderation as we strive to keep any delay under 24 hours.

Regards,

Robert

Qlik Moderation Team

Not applicable

Thank You Robert,

Noted & Appreciated

Mick