Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why does Qlikview stop executing mid script?

Hello, Occasionally when I run a report it will just end half way through a report and will do it again and again 50% of the time on the same script, there are no errors in my code and it runs just fine. Qlikview yields no clues as to why it does this, it just comes up with the message you get if you force a script to stop executing mid way.

Thanks.

Paul.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The first thing would be to turn on the script logging if it's not on already (Settings > Document Properties > Generate Logfile). This will hopefully tell you what's going on.

Since you're saying that the application is just freezing mid reload with no error messages etc. until you try to stop the execution, it sounds to me like you might be building a large synthetic key, or joining some tables without related fields by mistake.. some kind of resource intensive operation that exhausts the memory on the machine.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In addition to what Johannes said, you can also use the Debug option in script editor to examine where exactly the problem lies during reload.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

-Khaled.

Not applicable
Author

Also check the conditional statements you may have used in the script. Sometimes, such statements cause the script to end unexpectedly with no result or even an error.

Not applicable
Author

Did you get a good answer, i'm facing exactly the same issue; my script is working fine, but today it decided to stay on a  load execution step