cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dathathreya
Creator
Creator

Wildmatch

Hi Can anyone plz explain me the below expression in detail.

=if(WildMatch([Spill Over],'N'),'N','Y')

when i use the above expression i am getting output as Y .but according to wildmatch functioning it has to show N as per my understanding,please clear me in this.

Thanks in Advance.

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

when i use the above expression i am getting output as Y .but according to wildmatch functioning it has to show N as per my understanding

Not always... where are you using this? In the script or front end?

1) If this in the script... it will check if Spill Over is N or something else... if it is N, then it will give the value N, for everything else it will give it Y

2) If this is on the front end, where are you using it? table or text box? Basically, if you have both N and Y... WildMatch([Spill Over] will have two values which cannot be evaluated... so the default it to the false statement which is Y.

dathathreya
Creator
Creator
Author

i am using in backend script and the logic is like if(2018-2019<>2017-2018 and wildmatch(spillover,'N'),'N','Y')

here in spill over fields i have both N and Y .and  it is taking only Y .i am not understanding y it is taking only Y as N is the 1st parameter.

sunny_talwar

Could it be something related to your first condition?

poojashribanger
Creator II
Creator II

what it does is first it checks  2018-2019<>2017-2018 condition and then checks for second condition only if both are true  then  N else Y.

vishalarote
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Instead of if Condition i used pick() function it works.

pick(WildMatch([Spill Over],'N','Y'),'N','Y')

Inline Table :

load *,

pick(WildMatch([Spill Over],'N','Y'),'N','Y') as New_Spill_Over

Inline [

No,Spill Over

1,N

2,N

3,N

4,Y

5,Y

];

MarcoWedel