Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Will Qlikview show zero results?

I've got a Qlikview file that shows workflow errors to my users - ie a deadline has passed and paperwork hasn't been submitted.  Data comes from three tables and I make selections on three fields, save it as a bookmark and clear state, and publish it on our Qlikview server where the data refreshes daily.

It shows my users a "current selections" box; a list box for each field where I've made selections; and a straight table chart with various details.  As long as my selection returns at least one entry, it works fine.

But if my selection results in zero hits (ie there are no problems to fix), Qlikview arbitrarily (?) removes one of the selections, and instead of showing an (empty) list of the cases where the age is 1-4 months, it shows everything else.  Or instead of showing where there are no tasks created, it shows where there are tasks created.  This is confusing my users, as they suddenly think that 100s of cases have a problem, when in fact it's zero!

I'd like to show my users an empty straight table chart (and the relevant selections in the current selections box) if there are zero results.

Is this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I worked it out (or rather, someone here at work pointed me in the right direction).

Qlikview won't show an empty table - unless you ask it to suppress nulls.  So if I create a field and populate it only if it fulfuls my criteria (matches my bookmark), and then suppress nulls, I get an empty table. 

A bit of a klutzy workaround (and I'm still working out how to create that field given my data) but it works.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

Could you attached your .qvw file?

Not applicable
Author

I'd have to dummy something up because it's all confidential/proprietary data.  But it's the same with any file.  Can I post one of the training files that are (were) available online for Qlikview 10 here?

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

You can scramble your file first before uploading it.In this way, confidential information would be "unreadable" and will be kept confidential.

Scrambling.JPG

Not applicable
Author

I worked it out (or rather, someone here at work pointed me in the right direction).

Qlikview won't show an empty table - unless you ask it to suppress nulls.  So if I create a field and populate it only if it fulfuls my criteria (matches my bookmark), and then suppress nulls, I get an empty table. 

A bit of a klutzy workaround (and I'm still working out how to create that field given my data) but it works.