Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Windows 2016: Where are the reload logs?

Hello,

Usually, when I launch a reload of an application "d:\folder\my_app.qvw" with the Management Console, I have:

- An up-to-date log in "d:\folder\my_app.log".

- An up-to-date log in "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log\date\time folder my!app.qvw\DocumentLog.txt".

And I can see where I am in the reload looking at the log file.

I'm testing QVS 12.1 SR6 on Windows 2016.

Unfortunatly, this logs are not updated (or not in real time).

Is there a temporary folder where the logs are stored during the reload?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Starting from QV12 SR1, the approach to saving log files has changed considerably. Log files will only be placed in the folders you mention at the very end of processing (whether successful or unsuccessful).

In the mean time, and to be able to monitor progress, you can check the logs as they are (still) being generated in a new folder called C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch.

Why the change? Mostly for performance reasons, I guess.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Is you document enabled below check box. once it's enabled then it will keep all your log info.

when ever you reload the document the log file will generate and saved in the same qlikview document located folder.

Capture.JPG

nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I haven't checked the "Timestamp in Logfile Name", but yes, the "Generate Logfile" is checked.

My applications were created with QV 11.2. Maybe this property is not read correctly and I have to uncheck / recheck it for all my applications?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Starting from QV12 SR1, the approach to saving log files has changed considerably. Log files will only be placed in the folders you mention at the very end of processing (whether successful or unsuccessful).

In the mean time, and to be able to monitor progress, you can check the logs as they are (still) being generated in a new folder called C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch.

Why the change? Mostly for performance reasons, I guess.

nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you!